Thursday, August 23, 2012

Inexpensive Basement Remodel (hopefully)... BEFORE PICTURES

This morning, as I was enjoying my morning coffee and WCCO news, I decided what better time to get started on organizing the basement. Nick (the husband) and I (don't think I introduced myself, Kelcie) have decided to do an inexpensive remodel on our small basement. However, we need to find everything a home before we get started. Our basement is quite small, so we are only going to turn it into an office. 

In the back, we will organize into tubs. The tools will go into a tool chest and we will get a utility shelf for household/kitchen storage.



 The stairs we will finish off and then paint. We are unsure of what color we plan to pain them as of now. Under the stairs we plan to build some sort of shelving for extra storage.


 The walls we will paint white. I am not sure if we will paint an accent wall or not. That will be decided later on. We will then get carpet tiles for the floor and new light fixtures.


Somehow, we will need to enclose the water heater. Instead of finishing the ceiling, we will be painting it black (This way it will be cleaned up and not take away the space for walking). We will then bring a futon downstairs and desk. I am not sure that we will have room for anything else.

Right now it looks like a chaotic mess, but it will be exciting when it is finished. I, of course, will paste after photos. We need get this project done as soon as possible since we are both full-time students!

No comments:

Post a Comment